Candle Care Instructions

Candle Care Instructions

Safety Instructions: 

Place your candle on a stable heat resistant surface before burning.

Always trim your wick to 5mm before each burn & remove any black wick debris. Failure to do this may lead to a wax pool fire. This is caused when a hot piece of untrimmed wick drops into the melted wax pool & ignites it.

Never burn your candle on or near anything that could catch fire.

Keep away from drafts, vibrations, water & moisture.

Never move a burning candle while the wax is in liquid form.

Always keep wicks centred in the middle of candle to prevent them floating to the sides of the candle as this could lead to the vessel overheating or cracking.


Never leave a candle burning unattended.
Extinguish candle completely before leaving the room.

Always keep your candles away from children & pets.

Do not burn your candle for longer than 3 hours at a time.

Never let your candle burn to the very bottom. Always leave 10mm of solid wax left at the base, & discontinue use

The first time you burn your candle, allow the wax to melt & pool evenly to the edge of the glass. This will ensure an even burn, prevent tunneling ensure a maximum fragrance throw.

Tunnelling occurs when a candle has not been burned for an appropriate length of time or the candle has been placed next to a draft causing the flame to wave/flicker.

If tunnelling has occurred you can remove the excess wax from around the sides with a spoon until it is a level surface again & resume burning. Be sure to always allow the candle to create an even wax pool before distinguishing it.


Store your candles in a cool, dry place & out of direct sunlight.


Use a candle snuffer to distinguish your candle to prevent wicks from moving & to avoid wax splash.

In the cooler months your candles wax may shrink & come away from the glass which will create a look of wet spots. This is normal and will fix itself as it burns. In the warmer months the candle wax may sweat, this is also normal. Just dab the liquid with a paper towel to absorb the excess moisture.

Back to blog

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.